Tips and Tricks
Last modified: November 16, 2013
Basic Investing Tips
- First and foremost never invest without doing sufficient research to support your investment decision. People who blindly invest in the stock
market will quickly fall victim to the pitfalls of investing. Do not rely on a single source for making your decision. Look at the financial foundation of the
security in which you are interested. Taking a small amount of time to do this can pay off big when it keeps you from taking a blind leap
of faith into a potentially bad investment. ANNI provides easy access to a multitude of online resources for all of your investments which allows you to do more
extensive research in a short period of time to increase your odds of success. ANNI also provides a Quick
Analysis tool for Professional users that quickly performs over 64 Fundamental and Technical tests in a few seconds and then displays the results in an easy to read
- Second biggest tip that cannot be stressed enough is to diversify. Diversifying your capital will help protect you against a potential large drop in your total
portfolio value if all your capital had been invested into a single security that suddenly had a serious problem. Diversifying greatly increases your chance of
success over the long term. Diversifying does not mean having twenty different stocks all in a single sector either. When the .com bubble burst, the entire tech
sector fell. Diversifying means spreading out your investments between several different sectors and even investment types. ANNI provides a useful utility, the
Chance of Success tool, which allows you to put into it several key factors to produce exact figures
as to what percentage of your total capital to invest in each security you own (or about to own) to guarantee the highest possibility of success.
Basic ANNI Tips
- Review the Online Tutorials to quickly learn all of the features and benefits ANNI has to offer.
By making the most of ANNI, you will provide a valuable asset to your investment needs and strategies.
- ANNI should be run all the time. ANNI has built in support to automatically open your last Portfolio File and immediately begin training the ANNI Files
as soon as you start Windows (see Startup Options for more details). Now you can be assured
you'll remember to train all the time. In addition the latest version now supports CPU throttling
which provides a means to prevent 100% CPU usage. This is a great feature for laptop users that don't want their laptops overheating.
- Learn to use ANNI's Portfolio Groups. Portfolio Groups are an effective way to manage large portfolios of modeled securities. Portfolio
Groups allow individual management of a group of stocks. This includes news, advanced graphs, training times, performance and output logs
for each security.
- There is a lot of mouse integration throughout ANNI. Try clicking your right mouse button to see what options come up depending on where you
are. Also in the Prediction and Trade System Graphs, there is further left mouse button features as well.
- Most Advanced Prediction System views can be left up when accessing other views by clicking on the pushpin in the upper right corner of the view. Closing the view
will snap it back into place or hide it all together if you are not currently on that view.
- If you ever need help with a particular view or would simply like to learn more about it to make the most out of ANNI, just push the F1 key for immediate assistance.
The help file will instantly open up to the exact page associated to the view you are currently on. The Help File provides extensive information about all the views
and tools inside of ANNI along with links to online tutorials that are available and associated to the particular view you would like more information on. Check it out,
it's a fantastic resource to put your use of ANNI into overdrive.
Advanced ANNI Tips
- If you have access to a network of computers, you can setup multiple computers to train on the same group of files. First create a shared
folder were all ANNI files will be located. Then set up the newly shared folder under the same drive letter for all computers accessing the
files (use the same drive letter as the hosting computer if the hosting computer will be accessing the files also). Create a Portfolio file
for each group of files that you want all computers to train on. Then when you open the Portfolio file, select a file that is a few files out
of sync with the rest of the computers running the same Portfolio file. This way all the computers can work through each of the files without
stepping on each other. You can increase your computing power by the amount of all computers accessing the files limited only by total number
of files vs. total number of computers.
- For the ultimate analysis on one stock, set up multiple files of the same stock but choose different Intraday Intervals and/or different
training parameters. Add all of these files to a single Portfolio (possibly split up via Portfolio Groups). Train as normal and compare the
outlook of all the different files. This approach adds a new dimension to your research since each file will be viewing the data at a
different level. If you see the majority of all the files agree, you have a much greater chance of success.
- Run the Cross Correlation Analysis (a Professional only feature) on an entire directory.
Make sure you select yes to export the results. Open the results in Excel (or similar spreadsheet type program) and take a group decision of the top
correlated securities for a final output. This provides a robust approach to the use of the Cross Correlation Analysis beyond what a single analysis
Custom Data Files
Find information about Custom Data Files here.
Find information about Hidden Features here
Note: Hidden features are features that have been created for one purpose or another and are
not currently exposed to the public. This means they are not supported features and that any use of these features are not guaranteed to work. Use
of these features means you understand and accept these terms. Of course any feedback you would like to provide regarding the Hidden Features would
be greatly appreciated since they could eventually be cleaned up and exposed to the public.
- Copyright © 1999 - 2013 Oolution Technologies. All rights reserved.